Casita Camino al Mar is a new palapa style Beach Retreat located next door to the Hacienda Camino al Mar in the seaside village of Bucerias, just 10 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, 10 minutes to Sayulita/Punta Mita, and 20 minutes drive to Puerto Vallarta. The two side by side villas can be combined to offer 10 total guest suites for larger groups/weddings and can accommodate up to 26 sleeping guests.
This unique luxury 3 bedroom villa is located a ½ block (less than a minute walk) to a fine sandy beach that goes on for miles. The beach is perfect for walking, swimming, water sports, and even horseback or bike riding. The location is ideal for exploring the small town’s artisan market, shops, art galleries, and great restaurants all within a 5 minute walk. The Casita blurs the line between indoors and out and offers over 3,000 square feet of combined indoor /outdoor living spaces, including relaxing stone fountains and garden lounge areas, an outdoor beach shower, and a large covered pergola with bar and grill for entertaining. The focal point of the villa is a large heated swimming pool (35 ft X 16 ft with high tech water filtration system) and a beautiful stone fountain cascade that spills into the pool.
The Casita has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and artistic touches of Mexico throughout making this super cute Coastal Beach Retreat a special find and a great value. Each bedroom has a King size pillow top mattress with luxurious Ralph Lauren and Pottery Barn bedding as well as a small loft for kids with 2 twin beds, remote zone air conditioning, flat screen LCD TVs, fans, and safes. Two of the bedrooms have french doors that open to small garden spaces.
The Chef’s kitchen has a large center island with granite counter tops and professional appliances including a Dexa 6 burner gas stove/oven, refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, and wine fridge. Purified water filtration system throughout.
Villa Amenities Include:
• Private Cook to Grocery Shop and Prepare 2-3 Meals Per Day (Staff is included in the nightly rate, food and beverage is at guest cost)
•Daily Maid Service
• Comfy King Bedrooms with Ralph Lauren and Pottery Barn Luxury Bedding, Pillow-top Mattresses, Flat Screen LCD TVs, Remote Zone A/C, Fans and Safes in Each Room
• Dining and Living Room with Zone Air Conditioning, 46 Inch LCD Flat Screen TV /Cable, DVD, and High Speed Wireless Internet Throughout
• Fully Equipped Gourmet Kitchen with Large Island, Granite Counter Tops, Professional 6 Burner Gas Range, Dishwasher, and Wine Fridge
• Heated Natural Salt Water Purified Swimming Pool (35 ft. long X 16 ft wide)
• Beach Chairs and Umbrella
• ½ Block (30 seconds) Walk to Stroll more than 15 miles of Beautiful Beach and Less than 5 Min Walk to Many Shops and Restaurants in Bucerias
• Stone Water Fountains and Garden Areas
• Outdoor Beach Shower
• Professionally Decorated. Antiques and Artwork from San Miguel de Allende and Ambiance with Custom Primavera Hardwood Doors and Cabinets
• Telephone (free calls to US)
• Purified Water System Throughout
• In- House Spa Services
USD Nightly Rates (Sleeps 6-12 Guests):
Summer: $475 (4 nights minimum)- Pay 5, Stay 7 Nights for Saturday/Saturday Stays!
Winter: $625 (5 nights minimum) – Pay 5, Stay 7 Nights for Saturday/Saturday Stays!
Holidays: $750 and $950 (7 nights minimum Christmas and New Years week)
*The Casita can sleep up to 6 additional kids or teens for $25 USD per night per person*
**Tax 16% and rates subject to change until confirmed*
Easy Beach Access & Walk to Everything
- Number of Bedrooms: 3
- Number of Bathrooms: 2
- Sleeps: 6-12
- Square Feet: +4,000
- Bedroom 1: King + Kid’s loft with 2 twin beds, main level, TV w/cable, A/C, fan
- Bedroom 2: King + Kid’s loft with 2 twin beds, main level, TV w/cable, A/C, fan
- Bedroom 3: King + Kid’s loft with 2 twin beds, main level, TV w/cable, A/C, fan
2 Bathrooms located just outside of bedrooms
STAFF AND SERVICES:
- Meal service includes; cook to grocery shop and prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner and Happy Hour snacks upon request (cost of groceries to be billed to guest)
- Pantry stocked to your personal needs prior to arrival
- Daily maid service
- Light personal laundry service included
- Concierge available to arrange a wide variety of tours and dinner reservations
- In house spa services upon request
- Full staff of a Cook/Maid service daily (Sunday service may be additional and can be arranged 2 weeks prior to stay)
- 3 air conditioned king bedrooms with TVs, safes, and fans
- Interior with A/C and al fresco dining and living areas
- Professionally decorated. Custom décor from San Miguel de Allende
- Fully equipped gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops, large island, professional gas range, dishwasher, wine bar, and wine fridge
- 46 in flat screen Satellite TV /DVD in living room
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Telephone (free calls to US)
- Purified water system throughout
- In- House Spa Services
- 2 mountain bikes for exploring Bucerias and Nuevo Vallarta “Riviera Nayarit”.
- Additional amenities: 400 thread count Ralph Lauren and Pottery Barn luxury bedding, towels, and linens, IPOD alarm clocks in each room, IPOD compatible Stereo, DVD/VCR, BBQ, iron, ironing board, and a selection of movies and games.
- 3 twin size fold out mattresses for kids, porta crib and high chair available
- ½ block (30 seconds) walk to stroll more than 15 miles of beautiful beach
- 2 beach bikes, beach umbrellas, beach chairs, ice chest, beach picnic, blankets, towels, and beach toys (boogie boards and sand toys for kids).
- Heated natural salt water purified swimming pool (32 ft. long X 16 ft wide)
- Breathtaking Stone Water Fountain and a courtyard/pool area
- Outdoor Beach Shower
- Concierge can arrange for horseback riding on the beach (or in town), paddle boarding, jet skis, sunset sails, fishing, snorkeling, surfing lessons, ATV rentals and more.
- In the heart of the “Golden Zone” in the sleepy seaside village of Bucerias-walk to everything!
- 10 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta, escape the city crowds in “Riviera Nayarit”, easily within reach yet worlds away.
- 2 miles to Nuevo Vallarta, 2 miles to the new La Cruz Marina, 8 miles to Punta Mita and the Four Seasons golf course, 8 miles to surfing in Sayulita, and 10 miles to Puerto Vallarta
- 5 min. to Flamingos Golf Course, 10 min. to El Tigre and Mayan golf courses in Nuevo Vallarta, 15 min. to golf at the Four Seasons, and 15 min. to golf in Marina Vallarta and Vista Vallarta
- Walk out your front door to the famous Mark’s Bar and Grill, Adriatico, Rosa Mexicana, Karen’s Place, Sandrina’s, Linda’s Tacos, Quinta di Francesco, Meson Bay, Mezzogiorno, and more…all located within a short walk of the villa.
Summer Rate: $475
April 16th to November 15th
Winter Rate: $625
November 16th to April 15th
Holiday Rate: $750
Christmas & New Years - See "Description" for New Years Rate
Pay for 5, stay 7 nights! (Sat-Sat Stays)
Last minute discounts available
3 Responses to “Casita Camino al Mar”
Leave a Reply
Bucerias (meaning ‘place of divers’) is a quaint little coastal town located 10 minutes north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport that attracts those who don’t want the hustle and bustle of Puerto Vallarta, but still want amenities of a vacation resort town with close access to nearby villages and Puerto Vallarta. Many compare Bucerias to Puerto Vallarta 25 years ago. Nestled in the middle of the bay and between PV, Nuevo Vallarta and Punta Mita/Sayulita, Bucerias is the perfect central location for exploring at least 5 surrounding villages within a short 10-15 minute drive radius.
Bucerias is less touristy and offers a more authentic, colorful insight into traditional living in Mexico and for this reason is truly coming into its own as a favored spot for vacationers. Lovely villas (the most affordable in the Bay), art galleries, and gourmet restaurants line the main street in the “Zona Dorada” (Golden Zone) or south side of town. Walk 10 minutes north from the “Zona Dorada” to cross the small bridge to they typical “Pueblo” to shop the artisan market, people watch at the plaza in front of the church and enjoy fresh seafood from a wide array of beachfront restaurants or street vendors in front of the plaza.
Of course, the main reason to visit Bucerias is that it boasts 12 miles of sandy beach, the longest in Banderas Bay. The shallow water and the waves are kid friendly and great for boogie boarding or swimming, and the soft, sandy beach makes for long leisurely walks and jogging. Bucerias is also a popular spot for any type of activity on the water. Every day you’ll see people enjoying stand up paddle boarding and kite surfing.
Bucerias is located in magical Riviera Nayarit and is surrounded by mountains and jungle which donate 345 days of sunshine a year. Enjoy local life and all that Bucerias has to offer, including a morning round of golf at the beautiful Flamingos golf course or the Art Walk to local galleries every Thursday night from Nov-April and the popular local Farmers and Artisan Market at the new Marina in La Cruz (5 minutes by cab north of Bucerias) Sundays October-June from 9am-2pm – not to be missed!
Nuevo Vallarta is a planned residential-resort community located in Riviera Nayarit – a 10 minute drive north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport and a 10 minute drive south of Bucerias. There are only a limited number of private villas available for short term vacation rentals on or near the beach in Nuevo Vallarta, as the area is largely comprised of condo rentals and all inclusive resorts.
Nuevo Vallarta offers a 300-slip marina next door to a slot machine casino, small shopping mall and a new state of the art San Javier Hospital. You can also walk about 25 minutes along the long golden stretch of beach that connects Nuevo Vallarta with Bucerias/La Cruz, play a round of world class golf at one of 3 golf courses (El Tigre, Mayan, or Flamingos)… rent some jet skis or take an ATV tour through the nearby Sierra Madre jungle. A local water park has fun twisting slides and sea lion shows… or you could treat the kids to a memorable swim with dolphins.
Puerto Vallarta is an excellent place to surf at. We don’t always have waves at every surf break but for the most part, you can find waves somewhere and they will be a lot of fun!!!
This technique is a very smooth version of the Swedish massage worked at a single superficial skin level. This is recommended for anyone needing to relax and loosen up the muscles or if you have aches and pains this is a definite must.
TransportationFLYING INTO PUERTO VALLARTA (PVR)
Bucerias is a 20 minute drive north of the Puerto Vallarta (PVR) airport. Most major airlines offer flights to Puerto Vallarta and many have direct flights Saturday-Saturday in the high season from November-April. To check BEST AIRFARES, click on the EXPEDIA search tool above.
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT TO YOUR VILLA
IF YOU SCHEDULED A PRIVATE PICK UP – Look for your driver who will have your last name and the name of your villa on a sign. He will help you with luggage and will take you to the car or van. The cost is $15 US/per person with a minimum 4 person or $60 USD (or equivalent in pesos) pick up one way. For example, if you request a private transfer and have 8 people in your group, the transfer will be $15 US/pp X 8 = $120 US one way. If you have more than 10 people, we will arrange for a van and a cab or 2 vans. Drivers must be paid in cash, credit cards aren’t accepted. Please keep in mind that if your flight is early or late you may have to wait a few minutes for your driver to meet you. NOTE - all drivers have to pay a $25 US federal airport pick up tax on all arrivals. For this reason, airport pick ups (whether provided by private or municipal taxis) are always more expensive than your return trip to the airport. NOTE- Cabs and vans do not have child car seats, so it is best to bring your own or we can arrange a rental or purchase in advance for you - www.vallartababy.com.
IF YOU DID NOT SCHEDULE A PRIVATE PICK UP – Turn to your right and you will see two booths clearly marked “TAXI” near the exit door. You can buy a ticket from any one the ladies (the rates are all the same and determined by zone). They accept both USD or Pesos. They will point you out the door to the taxi line up. You will be shown to a cab or van. Give the ticket to your driver and tell him the property address. Public (not private) Taxi and Van rates are per vehicle, not per person and the tip is included. A public taxi from the airport will cost approximately $450-$550 pesos ($40-$50 US depending on the zone you're traveling to). A taxI can accommodate 1-3 people plus luggage. Otherwise you will need a larger vehicle, but always ask. Some cabs will provide roof racks so you may not need a van. A public van transfer from the airport is approximately $700-$800 pesos (or $60-$80 US - priced by zone) and can hold about 8-10 passengers with luggage. Rates subject to change without notice, so it’s best to confirm pricing before you purchase your fare. Fares are determined by zone and are non-negotiable.
MONEY SAVING TIP – if you don’t have a lot of luggage and want to save the airport pick up tax, take the orange footbridge that crosses the highway right in front of the airport lobby (about a 3 minute walk). There is a line up of both taxis and vans. Ask how much it will be before you get in (should be a savings of approximately 100 pesos). Taxi fares in Puerto Vallarta and throughout the Bay are in Mexican pesos (although they also accept USD - but nothing larger than a $20 bill), they are federally regulated and non- negotiable. It is usually a better value to pay in pesos (they usually offer at least 10:1, if not better). Now you’re on your way!
RETURN TRIP TO THE AIRPORT - we recommend to have your houseman or concierge arrange the nearest city cab or suburban taxi to pick you up when you return to the airport. We can, however, arrange for a private driver to pick you up upon request at the rate of $25 US/per person with a minimum 5 person (or $125 US) one way fee for the return trip. Private drivers have to pay for a special "tour guide" license so this will be the most expensive option.
Taxis are readily available and a safe mode of transportation in Bucerias. The taxi station contact number will be provided with your arrival information. Your houseman can also assist you when you need a cab from your villa. If you are hailing a taxi on your own, be sure to confirm the rate before getting into the taxi. Prices are set throughout town (depending on the zones) and the taxis are not metered. The only variance is when taking a taxi from the airport, which is more expensive than going to the airport because it is a Federal Zone and there are increased taxes and airport pick up fees for the Federal Zone taxis. Generally the standard fare is $45 to $60 USD one way (approximately $20 US more for a van) to downtown PV if you are staying in Bucerias. Cab drivers are very nice and the cars (usually Nissan Sentras) are clean. Always enter and exit the taxi from the sidewalk side (non-traffic side) of the cab and look for traffic or people before opening the door. Try to have your money ready to pay right away when at your destination. Taxis will often stop in traffic to let you out, thus stopping traffic, so pay and exit as quickly as possible. Taxis usually do not carry much change, so try to have smaller bills. Seat belts are often tucked down in the backseat. While it is not required to wear one, in case you have an infant seat, you may have to dig them out. TIP - try to always note your taxi's number on the side door in case you leave something behind or have a problem. For further information, contact - www.taxisafepv.com
LOCAL BUS SYSTEM
The bus ride from Bucerias to surrounding towns will cost between $10-5 pesos, buses normally arrive at various stops on the main highway every ½ hour and the 18 mile journey to Puerto Vallarta takes approximately 1 hour due to stops. If you are going to catch the bus from the airport, cross over the highway using the pedestrian bridge. Look for the name "Bucerias" written on the windshield of the bus.
Approximate Fares are: PV- $25 pesos, MEGA- $10, Sayulita -$10, La Cruz - $10, Punta Mita - $20 pesos. The bus stops at all the major shopping malls in PV and terminates at “Gold’s Gym” just past Plaza Genovesa (Moroccan style architecture) which is before the road splits for the city bypass & tunnel. Here you can transfer to a city bus to head further downtown. Buses within Puerto Vallarta have a set fare of $5.50.
After 8pm, it is better to take a taxi as the routes become more diffuse and less reliable.
Buses in the bay are very high off the ground so getting on and off can be difficult for the elderly or someone with bad knees, weak legs or other mobility difficulties. Also, unlike most buses in the US and Canada, you have to push a button (called a “timbre”) for the driver to stop. These are located, usually near the front, near the back exit, and several other places throughout the bus. TIP - get on and off the bus quickly. Take your seat as soon as possible because the drivers don't usually wait. Locals with disability cards are allowed to get on the bus and ask for donations from passengers. Entertainers will also get on the bus to sing and/or play a musical instrument for tips. The 1st two seats behind the driver are reserved for people with disabilities and pregnant women. The buses travel from the southern point of the bay (Mismaloya/Boca) to the North Shore (Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, La Cruz/Punta Mita, and Sayulita) which spans a couple of hours travel time.
RENTAL CARS AND VANS
We only recommend renting a car or van if you plan on exploring the area on a daily basis or several times throughout your stay. Be advised that many car rental companies do not quote all mandatory third party insurances on their websites and the rate can double or even triple when you get to the counter so it's best to try and confirm your total rate per day prior to arrival. To check BEST CAR RENTAL RATES, click on the EXPEDIA search tool above. Also keep in mind any car insurance you have outside of Mexico will not cover you in Mexico on a rental car – so check with your credit card and/or insurance company to make sure you have proper insurance for driving in Mexico. Mexican Liability insurance is mandatory.
We can arrange for a private car or suburban with a driver at anytime with at least 24 hours notice. Please contact us for a quote. Rates are approximately $50 US/hour (depending on the zone within the bay) with a 3 hour minimum hire.
Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico • Easy Beach Access • 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath • 4,000 ft2 • Sleeps 6+kids