Escape and indulge in Kalika, a luxury 5 guest suite villa, with spectacular ocean views and a contemporary vibe… located within the Four Seasons Resort community of Lagos del Mar in Punta Mita, Mexico -45 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta.
With its breathtaking views of the crystal clear blue waters of the Bay of Banderas and Pacific Ocean, the natural lush beauty of the Sierra Madre Mountains, the Marietas Islands and the Puerto Vallarta skyline, Villa Kalika oozes ultimate relaxation and simple yet elegant living – all on one level.
Set on the ninth fairway of the famed Jack Nicklaus golf course in the ultra exclusive Four Seasons Punta de Mita community, Kalika provides guests with both a coveted location and a private oceanfront setting.
Punta Mita is a private gated resort community emerging as the newest address of distinction for discriminating vacation travelers. Punta Mita offers high-end infrastructure, 24/7 security and world-class amenities such as two Jack Nicklaus Golf courses, tennis courts and eight miles of sandy white beaches with two beach clubs for private residents.
Villa Kalika was built in a contemporary tropical “palapa style” with modern Balinese influences by architect Guillermo Michel Renteria, one of the most talented emerging architects from Puerto Vallarta. Built with traditional, natural and organic local materials, this impressively restful 10,000 ft2 private villa captures fluid transition between unrestricted spaces and nature’s beauty.
Guillermo reveals, “I wanted to create a sexy and airy home that integrates the beautiful Punta Mita environment with multiple elements including natural rocks, stone walls, exotic woods, fountains, landscape and interior patios. The elements of nature flow together within the open house where one room stretches into the next, leading to an infinity pool with an exotic cabana overlooking the bay. Privacy is created in the individual bedroom suites allowing for guests to feel safe and comfortable while surrounded by pure nature.”
With the help of Sue Chitpanish of Dao Home, the designers used innovative design to create a relaxing and Zen interior for the villa. They utilized organic custom furniture made of precious thick hardwoods from Bali, antique statues, local Mexican art and paintings, recycled glass vases and reclaimed wood furniture to compliment the Philippe Stark contemporary furniture.
Upon entering Kalika guests are instantly captivated by the peaceful views throughout the entire house. The spacious open living room, Palapa thatched roof, infinity pool, golf fairways and the Pacific Ocean invite you to experience the vacation of a lifetime in a home away from home.
Whether you are relaxing in one of the five master suites, lounging under the open Palapa living room, sipping a margarita at the adjoining wet bar, swimming against the stream of the ocean-front infinity salt water pool, working out in the air-conditioned gym, enjoying a cup of espresso in the state of the art kitchen or dining under the stars on the ocean view roof terrace, Kalika gives a sense of continuous intimacy mixed in with organic living.
Completing the ultimate luxury getaway, this villa offers all of the necessary amenities for modern living in a hot climate. With air conditioned rooms, wireless internet service, satellite television, free local telephone service to Mexico, the US and Canada, docking stations for your iPod, and a stereo sound system throughout the main areas of the house, Kalika covers every amenity needed for every vacation from a work retreat to a honeymoon.
The villa comes equipped with a staff of four that provides the attentive yet unobtrusive service that the best Mexican beach resorts are known for. The cook will cater to your every culinary desire and the estate manager and concierge will accommodate your every whim and need to make sure your visit is full of leisure, comfort and adventure.
Indulge yourself with-villa spa services or participate in the adventures of whale watching, sailing, surfing, kayaking, fishing, scuba diving, zip lining, or horseback riding. Enjoy the natural wonder of this tropical paradise. You may experience the local color and flavor of the nearby Mexican villages or simply improve your skills at the art of doing nothing. Whatever activities you choose, you and your family will create memories to cherish for a lifetime during your stay at this beautiful villa.
Kalika provides the sort of exclusivity and privacy travelers require: only registered guests have “owner access” inside the gates of Punta Mita are able to access the world renowned Four Seasons Jack Nicklaus golf courses and tennis club, the two Residents Beach Clubs, fine dining, spa services and eight miles of sandy beaches among an array of other wonderful amenities.
USD Nightly Rates (10-12 Guests):
Summer: $1950 (3 night minimum)
Winter: $2950 (3 night minimum & 5 night minimum for Thanksgiving, Easter and Spring Break weeks)
Holiday: $4600 (7 night minimum for Christmas and New Years week or 10 nights for both Holidays)
*Pay for 3, get 1 night free or Pay for 5, get 2 nights free – not valid during Summer or Holidays*
*7% lodging tax and 16% Mexican tax additional – rates subject to change until confirmed*
**Sleeps up to 10 adults and 2 children max**
Ocean View - 9th Hole of Jack Nicklaus Golf Course
- Number of Bedrooms: 5
- Number of Bathrooms: 6
- Sleeps: 10-12
- Square Feet: +12,000
- Master Suite 1: King, ocean view terrace, inside sitting/lounge area, luxurious bathroom with an ocean view, jacuzzi tub, inside and outside shower, a/c
- Master Suite 2: King, ocean view terrace, inside sitting/lounge area, luxurious bathroom with an ocean view, jacuzzi tub, inside and outside shower, a/c
- Master Suite 3: King, ocean view terrace, inside sitting/lounge area, luxurious bathroom with an ocean view, jacuzzi tub, inside and outside shower, a/c
- Guest Suite 4: Two Full, en suite bath, garden terrace view, a/c
- Guest Suite 5: Queen, en suite bath, kitchenette, a/c, satellite tv
STAFF AND SERVICES:
- Meal service includes; upon request breakfast and Happy Hour snacks (grocery receipts to be reimbursed daily or as the staff shops by guest). *Dinner service is available upon request for an additional fee*
- Pantry stocked to your personal needs prior to arrival
- Daily maid service (except for Sunday and Holidays)
- Light personal laundry service included
- Concierge available to arrange a wide variety of tours and dinner reservations
- 5 Guest Suites with en suite private bathrooms opening to lush landscaping areas, inside and outside showers, bidet, ample closets, individual climate control systems, all with white walls, clean linens, amazing stone work, parota shutters and mosquito screens on all doors and windows, smooth ivory concrete floors and high palapa ceilings. Three of the master bedrooms are complete with king size beds and 1000 thread count linens; the fourth master bedroom has 2 full size beds with Calvin Klein bed linens. 1 large guest studio with its own en suite bathroom kitchen and plasma TV with a satellite connection. Queen size bed with 1000 thread count bed linen.
- Media Room that offers an inviting giant traditional Mexican sunk-in, built-in sofa provides space to watch movies on an extra large high definition satellite TV with a surround system. The perfect room for your friends and family to reunite
- Palapa Living Room that offers a large open yet covered Palapa thatch roof living/dining area with breathtaking views of the crystal clear blue waters of the Bay of Banderas and the Pacific Ocean, the natural lush beauty of the Sierra Madre Mountains, the Marietas Islands and the Puerto Vallarta skyline.
- Gym-Fully equipped air-conditioned gym with plasma television and DVD player.
- State of the art Kitchen and Herb Garden-fully equipped modern gourmet kitchen with best-in-class Viking and Miele appliances and espresso/cappuccino machine. Adjacent herb garden.
- State of the art Water Purification System-pure drinking water throughout the residence. Complete hospital quality reverse osmosis and ultraviolet water filtration throughout the house.
- Air Conditioning-A/C zoned air conditioning in all rooms
- Fans-Overhead tropical style ceiling fans in every room, including bathrooms bringing in the fresh ocean air and the sound of the ocean.
- Telephone and Intercoms in Every Room. Vonage telephones for no-charge calls to Mexico, the US, Canada and France.
- WIFI-Wireless high speed internet throughout the residence.
- Audio-State of the art surround system, Sky TV with Universal package, and high definition televisions, iPod doc.
- Safes-Individual safe in every room
- Swimming Pool-large salt water infinity edge-pool with swim jets and a built in lounge in the pool overlooking the bay of banderas pacific ocean, the natural lush beauty of the sierra Madre Mountains, the Marietas islands and the Puerto Vallarta skyline.
- Pool Cabana-the spacious wood pergola with its large day bed located at the end of the infinity pool offers comfortable lounging with amazing views of the Marietas Islands.
- Beach-full access to 2 private resident beach clubs: two serene quiet beaches with amazing food and service.
- Transportation-6-seater golf cart
- Hammocks-placed anywhere you’d like to relax
- Terrace-the roof terrace atop the Marietas Master suite with its large sofas provides the perfect spot for stargazing, relaxing and enjoying more than 180 degrees of ocean views. Additional great vistas of the sunset and distant mountains.
- Bar and Barbecue-full wet bar with drink station and ice machine, and a built-in outdoor barbecue adjacent to the swimming pool and the main palapa.
- Water Wall-sit across the gourmet kitchen and enjoy your cup of espresso by the quiet, peaceful stone water wall.
- Garage-two-car garage (with remote control gate)
- Golf, Tennis, Running-full access, preferential tee times and special fee rates at the two Jack Nicklaus golf and tennis clubs both operated by the Four Seasons Hotel. Walking/running trails within Los Lagos del Mar and Punta Mita gates.
- Security-safety is a priority with security guards on duty 24/7 throughout the gated community of Los Lagos del Mar and along the beach.
Summer Rate: $1,950
May 1st-November 14th
Winter Rate: $2,950
November 15th - April 30th
Holiday Rate: $4,600
Christmas & New Years weeks
Pay for 3, get 1 night free or Pay for 5, get 2 nights free – not valid during Summer or Holidays
Last minute discounts!
Leave a Reply
When you dream of a tropical paradise, do you dream of a place where sandy white beaches seem to stretch into eternity? Where warm ocean water is a kaleidoscope of turquoise and aquamarine? And where the sun sets into a fire of pink and red every night?
At the northern tip of Banderas Bay (approximately a 50 minute drive north from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, 10 minutes from Sayulita, and 15 minutes north of Bucerias/La Cruz) lies Punta Mita, which means “Gateway to Paradise”. Punta de Mita is an arrowhead-shaped peninsula bordered on three sides by the ocean and is considered a sacred place by the Huichol Indians. This is the point where Banderas Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and the Sea of Cortez come together.
The area is a picturesque fishing village nestled on Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit’s coast and offers an oasis of white-sand beaches and turquoise waters that boasts some of the best snorkelling, scuba diving, fishing, surfing and golf in the world. Punta Mita has evolved into Mexico’s most exclusive development, an enormous gated resort community next to the original little town that to this day has a few authentic restaurants and shops. The luxury community’s master plan includes the elegant Four Seasons Resort, St. Regis, and two Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses.
Guests exploring local seaside villages will find tradition blended with a modern fusion of international influences. Fishing and agriculture are predominant, along with artisanal crafts. The indigenous indians of the area, the Huichol, are revered for their brilliantly colorful artwork and crafts, many of which are available in the local marketplaces.
Playa Punta de Mita is a high end enclave and jewel of the Riviera Nayarit. This beach is special in being the last family friendly azure swimming waters protected from rough open ocean currents.
El Anclote beach (great beginner to intermediate surf break), where the beach restaurants serve an ever broadening range, including fresh seafood, traditional Mexican, homemade Italian and even world class beachfront cuisine at the exclusive Hotel Cinco.
Pangas wait to take you exploring the Marietas Islands, to a surf break or out to see whales and dolphins.
Fine shops and galleries are budding thanks to the growing expat community.
The Marietas Islands: Situated at the northern end of Banderas Bay, the Marietas Islands provide a sanctuary for diverse marine and bird life. Whales, dolphins, giant manta ray, tropical fish, and indigenous birds such as blue-footed boobies and red-billed tropic birds form a unique and complex ecosystem in the shelter of these islands.
Sayulita: spend a day learning to surf, shop the wide variety of boutiques, and take in the bohemian atmosphere of this chic little surf town.
Bucerias/La Cruz: charming seaside village known for the longest stretch of beautiful beach in the bay, Bucerias is a great change of pace. It’s fun to explore the artisan market, great restaurants, art galleries, and cute shops. The new multimillion dollar marina in La Cruz offers sunset sails, fresh seafood, and a wonderful Farmers Market from 9am-2pm on Sundays.
Puerto Vallarta: Experience a variety of shops, restaurants and colorful colonial streets in this dynamic city, 50 minutes from Punta Mita.
San Sebastián (Huichol Villages): Nestled in the heart of the Sierra Madre Mountains, San Sebastian’s remote location and historic appeal have made it one of Mexico’s last great getaways. Even though this little mountain enclave (elevation 4500 ft.) is not very far from Puerto Vallarta, this half-forgotten former mining town is a world away from typical resorts and ordinary tourist attractions.
Puerto Vallarta is an excellent place to surf at. We don’t always have waves at every surf break but for the most part, you can find waves somewhere and they will be a lot of fun!!!
This technique is a very smooth version of the Swedish massage worked at a single superficial skin level. This is recommended for anyone needing to relax and loosen up the muscles or if you have aches and pains this is a definite must.
TransportationFLYING INTO PUERTO VALLARTA (PVR)
Punta Mita is located about a 45 minute drive north of the Puerto Vallarta (PVR) airport. Most major airlines offer flights to Puerto Vallarta and many have direct flights Saturday-Saturday in the high season from November-April. To check BEST AIRFARES, click on the EXPEDIA search tool above.
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT TO YOUR VILLA
IF YOU SCHEDULED A PRIVATE PICK UP – Look for your driver who will have your last name and the name of your villa on a sign. He will help you with luggage and will take you to the car or van. The cost is $20-$25 US/per person with a minimum 5 person or $100-$125 USD (or equivalent in pesos) pick up one way. For example, if you request a private transfer and have 8 people in your group, the transfer will be $20-$25 US/pp X 8 = $160-$200 US one way. If you have more than 10 people, we will arrange for a van and a cab or 2 vans. Drivers must be paid in cash, credit cards aren’t accepted. Please keep in mind that if your flight is early or late you may have to wait a few minutes for your driver to meet you. NOTE - all drivers have to pay a $25 US federal airport pick up tax on all arrivals. For this reason, airport pick ups (whether provided by private or municipal taxis) are always more expensive than your return trip to the airport. NOTE- Cabs and vans do not have child car seats, so it is best to bring your own or we can arrange a rental or purchase in advance for you - www.vallartababy.com.
IF YOU DID NOT SCHEDULE A PRIVATE PICK UP – Turn to your right and you will see two booths clearly marked “TAXI” near the exit door. You can buy a ticket from any one the ladies (the rates are all the same and determined by zone). They accept both USD or Pesos. They will point you out the door to the taxi line up. You will be shown to a cab or van. Give the ticket to your driver and tell him the property address. Public (not private) Taxi and Van rates are per vehicle, not per person and the tip is included. A public taxi from the airport will cost approximately $700-$900 pesos ($70-$80 US depending on the zone you're traveling to). A tax can accommodate 1-3 people plus luggage. Otherwise you will need a larger vehicle, but always ask. Some cabs will provide roof racks so you may not need a van. A public van transfer from the airport is approximately $1000-$1200 pesos (or $100-$120 US - priced by zone) and can hold about 8-10 passengers with luggage. Rates subject to change without notice, so it’s best to confirm pricing before you purchase your fare. Fares are determined by zone and are non-negotiable.
MONEY SAVING TIP – if you don’t have a lot of luggage and want to save the airport pick up tax, take the orange footbridge that crosses the highway right in front of the airport lobby (about a 3 minute walk). There is a line up of both taxis and vans. Ask how much it will be before you get in (should be a savings of approximately 100 pesos). Taxi fares in Puerto Vallarta and throughout the Bay are in Mexican pesos (although they also accept USD - but nothing larger than a $20 bill), they are federally regulated and non- negotiable. It is usually a better value to pay in pesos (they usually offer at least 10:1, if not better). Now you’re on your way!
RETURN TRIP TO THE AIRPORT - we recommend to have your houseman arrange the nearest city cab or suburban taxi to pick you up when you return to the airport. We can, however, arrange for a private driver to pick you up upon request at the rate of $25 US/per person with a minimum 5 person (or $125 US) one way fee for the return trip. Private drivers have to pay for a special "tour guide" license so this will be the most expensive option.
Taxis are not as readily available in Punta Mita as they are in other parts of the bay such as Puerto Vallarta. Taxis are a safe mode of transportation and are available in Punta MIta, however, keep in mind you may have to wait 20-30 minutes for them to arrive after you call for a pick up. Your houseman can also assist you when you need a cab from your villa. If you are hailing a taxi on your own, be sure to confirm the rate before getting into the taxi. Prices are set throughout town (depending on the zones) and the taxis are not metered. The only variance is when taking a taxi from the airport, which is more expensive than going to the airport because it is a Federal Zone and there are increased taxes and airport pick up fees for the Federal Zone taxis. Generally the standard fare is $60 to $80 USD one way to downtown PV if you are staying in Punta Mita. Cab drivers are very nice and the cars (usually Nissan Sentras) are clean. Always enter and exit the taxi from the sidewalk side (non-traffic side) of the cab and look for traffic or people before opening the door. Try to have your money ready to pay right away when at your destination. Taxis will often stop in traffic to let you out, thus stopping traffic, so pay and exit as quickly as possible. Taxis usually do not carry much change, so try to have smaller bills. Seat belts are often tucked down in the backseat. While it is not required to wear one, in case you have an infant seat, you may have to dig them out. TIP - try to always note your taxi's number on the side door in case you leave something behind or have a problem. For further information, contact - www.taxisafepv.com
If you are staying within the Four Season's gates, the efficient bus system will not be available as all of the bus stops are located outside of the Four Seasons gates.
LOCAL BUS SYSTEM
There are a couple of bus stops in Punta Mita (one outside the Four Seasons gates and one near the Oxxo Convenience Store) near Anclote Beach. The bus system in Puerto Vallarta and throughout the Bay might best be described as an “eclectic adventure”. Riding the bus is a great way to dive into the local culture to see the city and bay. Buses of all shapes, sizes and decoration cover all of PV (and the Bay of Banderas) and are very inexpensive. There will also be many new buses in 2014. The main routes from Puerto Vallarta (Centro or Marina) are to Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, LaCruz, Punta Mita, and Sayulita. Bus stops are generally well marked and look for your destination on the front window of the bus. Buses usually operate on about a 30 minute interval in Punta Mita. After 8pm, it is better to take a taxi as the routes become more diffuse and less reliable.
Buses in the bay are very high off the ground so getting on and off can be difficult for the elderly or someone with bad knees, weak legs or other mobility difficulties. Also, unlike most buses in the US and Canada, you have to push a button (called a “timbre”) for the driver to stop. These are located, usually near the front, near the back exit, and several other places throughout the bus. TIP - get on and off the bus quickly. Take your seat as soon as possible because the drivers don't usually wait. Locals with disability cards are allowed to get on the bus and ask for donations from passengers. Entertainers will also get on the bus to sing and/or play a musical instrument for tips. The 1st two seats behind the driver are reserved for people with disabilities and pregnant women.
From Punta Mita, the cost to ride the bus to the surrounding areas (Nuevo, Bucerias, LaCruz, Punta Mita, and Sayulita) is about 20 Pesos ($2 US) one way (subject to change, please ask first to confirm). These are generally the larger and more comfortable (ATM) buses that service the north shore areas of Punta Mita, Bucerias (20 minutes), & Nuevo Vallarta (30 minutes) and Sayulita (15 minutes). Within the city of Puerto Vallarta, the bus will cost approximately 10 Pesos ($1 US). The buses travel from the southern point of the bay (Mismaloya/Boca) to the North Shore (Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, La Cruz/Punta Mita, and Sayulita) which spans a couple of hours travel time.
RENTAL CARS AND VANS
We only recommend renting a car or van if you plan on exploring the area on a daily basis or several times throughout your stay. Be advised that many car rental companies do not quote all mandatory third party insurances on their websites and the rate can double or even triple when you get to the counter so it's best to try and confirm your total rate per day prior to arrival. To check BEST CAR RENTAL RATES, click on the EXPEDIA search tool above. Also keep in mind any car insurance you have outside of Mexico will not cover you in Mexico on a rental car – so check with your credit card and/or insurance company to make sure you have proper insurance for driving in Mexico. Mexican Liability insurance is mandatory.
We can arrange for a private car or suburban with a driver at anytime with at least 24 hours notice. Please contact us for a quote. Rates are approximately $50 US/hour (depending on the zone within the bay) with a 3 hour minimum hire.
Punta Mita/Lagos del Mar, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico • Golf Course/Ocean View • 5 Bedrooms, 6 Bath • 10,000 ft2 • Sleeps 10-12